Header

Header

Sunday 29 April 2012

Strawberries and Cream


Last night, I was lucky enough to be invited to the celebration of a very lovely lady's birthday.  While I haven't known her very long, Miss M is well on track to becoming one of my favourite humans.  The night was full of fun and laughter, with not an air or grace in sight.  Unsure what would make a suitable or appreciated gift, I did what I do best: bake.  So cupcakes it was!  I baked a basic white chocolate sponge but it was all about that frosting.  Divine!  The light Strawberries and Cream frosting was compared to the famous strawberry icecreams of Brisbane's "Ekka" and deservedly so.  Delightfully simple to create; it is perfect in the simplicity of it ingredients and the soft, elegant colour.  And so today, I give you my Strawberries and Cream Frosting...

Strawberries and Cream
6-8 medium sized strawberries
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 cup thickened cream 

Before you begin, there are two very important details you must note: your cream must be full fat and your strawberries must be sweet (so try them first).  Whizz up the strawberries in a blended until you have a syrup-like consistency and set aside.  Whip cream with an electric mixer until you have stiff peaks.  Sift over icing sugar and begin to mix.  Add in the strawberry pulp, one tablespoon at a time.  Stop when you have reached the desired consistency. Your cream will be a soft pink but you could add a little powdered food colouring for a richer colour.  Pipe onto the cupcakes of your choice but I suggest you do this as quickly as possible before you eat it all out of the bowl!

F. x

No comments:

Post a Comment