Header

Header

Saturday 31 December 2011

New Years Resolutions



They say that you should start a new year as you mean to continue. For me, of course, this translates to baking! Having spent a fantastic evening bringing in the new year with some of my favourite people, cocktails and amazing food, a long and involved recipe was not what I was looking for today. Maximum output for minimum effort for moi, please! This wonderful (cheat's) cheesecake was absolutely perfect for the occassion. I ask that you do not judge too hastily. Usually, where cheesecakes are concerned, I am a purist. Creamy, rich baked cheesecakes are my speciality but today was not the day to be spending hours in the kitchen...

My cheaty raspberry cheesecake begins with the simplest base known to man: digestive biscuits and unsalted butter. This is pressed into a springform pan and popped into the freezer. The 'cheesecake' is blissfully easy: cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice mixed then folded into double cream. Once this is poured over the base, and put in the fridge for as long as you can wait (this was about an hour for us) a good quality fruit conserve is spooned over the top. Wow! Simple, yet beyond fabulous!

My wish for the new year is that everyone achieves all that they hope for, in the company of people who they love and cherish. I cannot wait for what this year has in store. I am excited about the amazing people I have yet to meet, the incredible recipes I am yet to bake and for future experiences that I am sure will blow my mind.

Happy 2012!
F. x



No comments:

Post a Comment